Sugar-Free Fudgy Pops

What do you think of this? Is this something you can eat? This might work for you during the hot summer months.

I forget where I found this online last year, but it seems like it might work for you. Xanthan gum can be bought at grocery stores in the baking aisle, or you can buy a small amount from a bulk store.

Instructions:
In a saucepan on med-high, whisk milk / cream / Swerve / cocoa powder together. Bring to boil; cook 1 min, stirring often.

Off heat, add peppermint and xanthan gum. Whisk in well. Cool mixture on counter 10-15 mins. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze 1 hour before adding wooden sticks. Continue freezing another 4-5 hours.

Run pops under hot water 30 seconds to release them from the molds.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie

Another throwback to that time I made up a tasty little smoothie on the fly. I was trying to use up some of the flavoured oatmeal packs I had a lot of at the time before they started to turn rancid.

Anti-Pasto Platter

A throwback picture to when I worked in catering and we’d have to make these huge anti-pasto platters for 100+ guests from time to time. To make it easier for us to make these on the fly, and for the times when only one of us would work on it because the other was too busy with another order, the catering manager standardized the look of the platters.

These boards really only changed minimally depending on what and how much of an ingredient we had on hand that day. I still like making these, but my husband isn’t into charcuterie boards. At all. Despite it being mostly meat. It’s baffling to me. 🙂

Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins

I really need to make these strawberry cream cheese muffins again very soon. So good. *drooling*

How I did it: I made a basic oatmeal muffin using a bag mix, mixed up a cream cheese filling, and sliced up some strawberries.

I added 75% of the sliced strawberries to the batter and used the other 25% to the tops after dropping a big dollop of the cream cheese filling into the top middle spot of each muffin.

I used a skewer to swirl the cream cheese down into the filling a big before covering it up with one or two slices.

Bake as normal according to the muffin mix instructions.

The Future of My Hair

My hair is now long enough I can cut off the lion’s share to donate for wig making that benefits cancer patients, so how is the time I have to figure out what I want the rest of my hair to look like. I have narrowed it down to two looks, and I can’t decide which one I want.

If I go shorter first, I can donate more, but I’m not really suited to too short. Hmm.

I have a feeling I will have to start with this above one, and then grow it out to the below one. The below one I love the most on me, but the donation cut may necessitate the first one. We’ll see. *fingers crossed*